India on Saturday called for a swift disengagement of troops and weapons from Hot Springs, Gogra and other remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh during the 12th round of military talks with China which lasted around nine hours, security establishment sources said.

The two sides held detailed deliberations and the talks were full, they said without further details.

There was no official comment on the outcome of the meeting held at the Moldo border post, on the Chinese side of the Real Line of Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, as one expected a breakthrough in the disengagement process at Gogra and Hot Springs.

We learn that the two sides discussed “specific details to calm the spirits in the remaining sticking points, including the continuation of the disengagement process and jointly agreed to maintain stability on the ground.”

Talks began at 10:30 a.m. and ended at 7:30 p.m., sources said.

Also Read: New Delta Variant Outbreak In Nanjing, China Could Spread To More Regions, Chinese Health Regulator Says

The Indian side has been pushing hard for an early resolution of the stalemate and particularly insisted on a quick disengagement in Hot Springs and Gogra, a source said.

Ahead of the talks, sources said India hoped for a positive outcome from the disengagement process.

India has insisted that resolving outstanding issues, especially in Depsang, Hot Springs and Gogra, is essential for the overall relationship between the two countries.

The latest round of talks took place after a hiatus of more than three and a half months. The 11th round of military dialogue took place on April 9 at the Chushul border post on the Indian side of the LAC and lasted about 13 hours.

The 12th round of military talks took place over two weeks after Foreign Minister S Jaishankar firmly told his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi that the prolongation of the existing situation in eastern Ladakh was visibly having a “negative impact. “on bilateral relations.

Also read: ‘Boycott of China’ flops: Mainland China overtakes US to become India’s biggest trading partner in FY21

The two foreign ministers held a one-hour bilateral meeting on the sidelines of a conclave of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Dushanbe, the Tajik capital, on July 14.

At the meeting, Jaishankar told Wang that any unilateral change in the status quo along the LAC was “not acceptable” to India and that global ties could only develop after the full recovery of peace and quiet in eastern Ladakh.

In the latest round of military talks, the two sides discussed ways to advance the disengagement process in Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang with the broader aim of lowering tensions in the region. However, the disengagement process has not progressed.

The Indian delegation to the talks on Saturday was led by Lieutenant General PGK Menon, commander of the 14th Corps based in Leh.

The border standoff between the Indian and Chinese military erupted in May last year following a violent clash in the Lake Pangong areas and the two sides have gradually stepped up their deployment by involving tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weapons.

Following a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern shores of Pangong Lake in February, in accordance with a disengagement agreement.

Each camp currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the ALC in the sensitive area.

Read also: Monsoon session: Parliament only worked 6 p.m., Rs 133 cr of lost taxpayer money