Baylor star guard Jared Butler declares himself for NBA draft
Before Sunday’s early entry deadline, junior guard Baylor Jared butler announced that he declared for the 2021 NBA Draft. While his announcement does not explicitly state that he is giving up his remaining NCAA eligibility, it does strongly suggest that he intends to go pro.
Although it took him a while to make it official, Butler has always been seen as a good bet to make it into this year’s draft after an impressive 2020-21 campaign in which he averaged 16.7 PPG, 4.8 APG and 2.0 SPG on .471 / .416 /.780 shots in 30 games (30.3 MPG) for eventual National Champions.
A consensus first-team all-star, Butler was named the NCAA Final Four’s MVP after the Bears defeated Gonzaga in the championship game. He is hope # 23 on ESPN’s big board, making him a solid contender to be a first-round pick in July.
Here are some more updates related to drafts:
- Fresno State sophomore guard Deon Stroud is testing draw waters while maintaining her NCAA eligibility, according to a school announcement, via Twitter link. Stroud, who started his college career at UTEP, averaged 12.2 PPG on 0.482 0.357 / 0.613 shots in 23 games (23.1 MPG) in 2020-21.
- italian wing Gabriele Procida declared himself for the draft, according to ESPN’s Jonathan Givony, who tweets that the 18-year-old is a screened second-round pick.
- Givony too published a series of tweets SEO many more international players who entered the NBA 2021 draft pool. These players are as follows (the countries listed represent where they last played, not where they were born):
- Mert Akay, G, Serbia (born 2000)
- Ibou Badji, C, Spain (born in 2002)
- Kenny baptiste, F, France (born in 2000)
- Juhann Begarin, G / F, France (born in 2002)
- Hugo besson, G, France (born in 2001)
- Pull Biberovic, G / F, Turkey (born in 2001)
- Vrenz Bleijenbergh, G / F, Belgium (born in 2000)
- Tom Digbeu, G / F, Lithuania (born 2001)
- Biram Faye, F / C, Spain (born in 2000)
- Gregor Glas, G, Serbia (born 2001)
- Haowen Guo, F, China (born 2000)
- Ariel Hukporti, C, Lithuania (born 2002)
- Jovan kljajic, G, Spain (born 2001)
- Yoan Makoundou, F, France (born in 2000)
- Zsombor Maronka, F / C, Spain (born in 2002)
- Ivan Perasovic, F, Croatia (born in 2002)
- Ziga Samar, G, Spain (born 2001)
- Pavel Savkov, G / F, Russia (born in 2002)
- Amar Sylla, F / C, Belgium (born in 2001)
- Bojan Tomasevic, F, Serbia (born 2001)
- Uros Trifunovic, G, Serbia (born in 2000)
- Since the NBA early entry deadline has now passed, we should get a full and official list of the league’s first entrants on Tuesday. In the meantime, our unofficial tracker is here.